Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Sitecore SXA Solr Search not working issue - RESOLUTION



In my previous post I discussed about Sitecore SXA search components and used Lucene as my search provider.
But, when I tried to run the SXA search with the Solr I couldn’t get it to work.
My instance running SXA was not showing any results on this URL:
I had to reach out to my “Crawling.log.” file to see what was really happening when Sitecore is trying to index the SXA content.
In the crawling log, I noticed repetition of errors related to the computed SXAContent field.
Exact error:



This made me look for 2 things:
-          Compatibility of Solr with Sitecore from: https://kb.sitecore.net/articles/227897
-          See the schema.xml file and verify if it caters for a field name ending with “_tm”
The issues were resolved by updating the schema.xml file and including the missing entry for the special computed SXA content field.
Below entry was made to the schema.xml file for “Sitecore_master_index” core:



After adding the above, I simply rebuilt the indexes and this time there was no errors in the crawling log and I can see the json results by running the URL:

No comments:

Post a Comment